What Home Improvements Adds the Most Value to a House Appraisal in Calabasas, CA?
Increasing the value of your home is a goal many homeowners have; whether it is to sell it in the near or distant future, or simply to keep your home up to par for whatever might come your way. No matter the why’s, there are several things you can do to achieve your goals, and today, we at McKay’s Painting would like to share a handful of tips to do just that.
Best Home Improvements for Resale
1) Adding a Sunroom, Deck, or Patio: Adding on an extension to the living space will certainly increase the home’s value if done correctly. Extending the living space into a deck, patio or sunroom to enjoy the outdoors and fresh air appeals to many. When choosing the design, be sure to incorporate the home’s style so it blends. Having an addition that looks like an afterthought will decrease the value. Select quality materials for the new add-on and a dependable contractor.
2) Exterior and Interior Paint: Because paint fades over time, it is important to stay on top of interior and exterior painting and have it done as often as it needs it. If you are looking to sell your home, stick to neutral colors. The more custom the paint is to your tastes, the fewer will agree. Opt for high-quality paint and do not be content with a sloppy job. If you take on this project yourself, ensure the coverage is even and smooth and the lines are crisp and straight. Professional paint jobs are often a better quality as painters by trade have much more experience and superior equipment.
3) Upgrade Flooring: The overall presentation of any room is completed with the floors. Despite an immaculate room, if the floors look decayed, dingy, and worn, it can bring the whole room down. Moldy grout, cracked tile, damaged wood planks, or stained carpets will decrease the value. If you cannot budget upgraded floors; consider replacing the grout, repairing cracked tile as well as any wood planks beyond repair. Wooden floors should be sanded and refinished as well to improve the value. Don’t cut corners in your endeavors; use quality products and invest in professional services to ensure a quality result.
4) Bathroom Makeover: Bathrooms are used multiple times a day and are exposed to humid conditions and other abuse. They will often have the most deterioration and damages. Completely gutting the bathroom and starting fresh with luxury options will definitely increase your home’s value, but budget may not be there. If that is the case focus on the important things. A new coat of quality high gloss paint can do wonders. You could also replace cracked tile and moldy grout, upgrade fixtures and towel racks and if the space is available, consider installing new storage space. Additional storage space is very attractive to many buyers.
5) Kitchen Renovation: Like the bathrooms, kitchens experience a lot of wear. Upgrading the appliances, replacing outdated countertops, sagging cabinets, and so on will increase home’s value and impress buyers if you are trying to sell. The important thing is to invest in quality, so assess the budget limit and prioritize; anything damaged and deteriorated should be handled first. And again, a new coat of fresh paint goes a long way to re-energizing any space.
Color Consulting, Painting Services & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
There are many different options to increase a home’s value. These are just a few of the examples and typically, the most important. If you are looking into increasing the value of your home, the artisan’s of McKay’s Painting can help you achieve your goals, call us today to get started!