If you’re planning to sell your home, it’s a good idea to make a list of things that need to be done before you let potential buyers in. This is the best way to make sure it looks as appealing as possible. McKay’s Painting outlines the value of painting your house before you put it on the market.
Should I Paint the Interior of My House Before Selling?
When potential buyers walk through your home, many see it as a blank canvas that they can put their own touch on. While a perfectly staged home is appealing, freshly painted walls increase the chance of a sale for a relatively low cost compared to any other renovations or changes you can make. There are homeowners that are eager to take on their own renovations, but it may lower the sale price. Most homebuyers would like to do as little work as possible to a potential home. The simple task of having the walls painted will have homeowners happy to have one less thing they need to do after they move in. It will also add value and interest to your home.
Choose Interior Paint Colors to Sell Your Home
Some rooms are used more often than others and the paint will show wear and tear. Sometimes there are rooms that are painted a bold or bright color. Some buyers may like the color, some will not. Keeping walls as neutral as possible is the best way to attract as many buyers as possible. You will also need to make sure the color scheme works throughout the entire home. Keep any color(s) you choose pleasing to the eye. If the color looks dated, it might be a good idea to give the whole home a fresh coat of paint. Walk through your home and make notes of what needs to be done. Color trends change so learn about the colors that are popular at the time of your move and consider the lighting in the home before you decide on a color.
Bedroom & Other Room Color Combinations & Schemes
• Living room. This is a room that is often used to relax. Cool colors can create a calm and relaxing feeling. Think shades of gray and teal.
• Kitchen. Lots of time is spent in the kitchen. This makes the kitchen a big selling point. Kitchens should be bright and breezy with cool colors like teal, light green, dark blue or orange.
• Dining room. Homes with a dining room make that space almost as important as the kitchen. Consider a shade of yellow for family breakfasts, or a deep burgundy for evening sophistication.
• Bathroom. Bathrooms are another selling point. Blues and greens work well here or consider black walls to contrast with silver and white fixtures.
• Bedrooms. Bedrooms are considered to many homeowners as a sanctuary away from the rest of their busy home. Consider who uses the bedrooms before you decide on colors. Pastels are a neutral option while dark colors have become increasingly popular. Children’s bedrooms or nurseries with lighter colors are more appealing to parents. Classic pink or blue are still popular, with pale gray becoming a great choice.
Interior & Exterior Painting Services & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
McKay’s Painting is the perfect place to ask questions about your painting plans. Contact us today to help you get started!