Should You Paint Interior Before or After Moving Into a New House in Newbury Park, CA
Are you almost ready to move into your new home? Before you take the plunge consider painting your home before you move in. Not only will it make your life easier it could save you money in the long run. According to the knowledgeable experts at McKay’s Painting completing your interior painting before you fill your home with furnishings and personal belongings makes a lot of sense and here’s why. Getting your ceilings, closets, and trim painted is easy when you don’t have to worry about stepping over drop cloths and re emptying your closets. It also allows harmful fumes and VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) to dissipate before your begin moving in. Even low or zero VOC products contain some chemical compounds and carcinogens which are known to cause asthma and other respiratory ailments.
Items to Include on Your Pre-Painting Checklist
• Install your permanent light fixtures before selecting your paint colors.
• Match your paint colors to your furniture, floor coverings and decorative items.
• Consider rich neutrals and offset them with a dynamic focal wall to add depth and dimension to your space.
• Once you have made your selections, tape the samples to the walls and monitor them throughout the day to see how they respond to the changing light.
Six Reasons to Paint Interior Before Moving into Your New House
1. Interior painting is a simple undertaking when you don’t have to worry about moving furniture and trying to maneuver around your belongings trying to get ready for work and out of the house without making a mess
2. It saves a lot of effort. Painting before you move in will save your energy especially when you consider the amount of time and effort it takes to rehang your art work and other decorative items.
3. It saves you time. The experts at McKay’s Painting can work faster when the rooms in your home are empty making it easier for you when you begin the move in process
4. It protects your furniture. Regardless of how careful you are, there is always the chance that you will inadvertently brush up against the wet paint damaging your clothes and any other items that you brush up against.
5. It can simplify your interior decorating efforts. If you are planning on purchasing new furniture there is nothing better than a fresh coat of paint to help you choose your new furnishings, decorative items and carpeting. You will have the luxury of selecting the correct shades, tints and tones to make your new space look like a million dollars.
6. A fresh coat of paint in your favorite decorator colors will ensure that your home is not only fresh and welcoming it will also have your own personalized touches. The experts at McKay’s Painting will select paint that is specifically designed for the different spaces throughout your home to ensure that your new paint looks fresh and stays resilient for years of service.
Interior Painting & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
To learn more about residential and commercial, interior and exterior painting for your Greater Ventura, California home, contact the knowledgeable experts at McKay’s Painting today.