Should I Paint My Agoura Hills, CA House Myself or Hire a Professional Painter?
There’s a lot of pride in completing a project yourself. You get to show off and save some money but all the shows on TV about home improvement make it easier to think you can get it done on your own. You’ll need to keep in mind that they’re professionals showing you how to do it and they don’t show you all the stuff that goes wrong along the way! You’ll want to make sure your project is done right so it will add value to your home in the long run. Consider the pros and cons before you think about a DIY project. Painting seems easy enough and yes anyone can do it but how it will look is another thing all together. When it comes to painting there’s the products, surfaces that need to be cleaned, repair and all the tools needed to get the job done right. Then there’s the time it will take, and time is a precious thing. So, is it worth to hire a professional to paint your home?
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Painter
1. Safety. Safety is an important consideration, more so if the painting job is outside. Using a ladder correctly is important as is having the right equipment. Do you really want to find yourself laying in the bushes and staring up at the sky?
2. Time. Most of us don’t have a lot of time on our hands and it always takes longer than you think it will. If you rush you will hate the results and you’ll find yourself redoing it, costing you more time.
3. Insurance. When you hire a professional painting company chances are they are fully insured. This will give you peace of mind in the event an accident should happen.
4. Warranty. Hiring professionals also gives you a warranty on the products and the labor, something you’re probably not going to give yourself. This will also provide peace of mind.
5. Longevity. To get the best results, there are steps that need to be taken. Surfaces need to be repaired, cleaned, sanded and primed. These steps will be the difference between a job that will lasts a couple of years or one that will last for years.
6. Cleanliness. Professionals will keep your home clean, protecting the floor and furniture so you won’t even know they were there. When we do projects ourselves we just don’t seem to take the time to protect our home. We just want to get started as soon as possible.
7. Money. You will save money by hiring professional because you won’t need to repaint as often. You’ll have experienced professionals that do the prep work and use the right products and tools.
Painting Services & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
Don’t let this information deter you from a DIY project, just make sure you know what you’re getting into before you start. For many reasons it’s worth it to hire professionals. Contact McKay’s Painting to set up a consultation.