In an era when aluminum siding reigned supreme back in the late 1950s and early 60s, vinyl siding made its debut on American homes. The inferior materials of the day had a tendency to crack and sag, earning the early vinyl siding a poor reputation. However, an exceptionally versatile and high-performing choice for cladding is modern vinyl siding that is high-tech plastic and vinyl materials combined with modern manufacturing techniques. Currently, vinyl siding is a growing trend many homeowners are preferring and being used to construct new home. Today McKay’s Painting would like to share the benefits of vinyl siding.
Advantages of Vinyl Siding House Cladding
1) Vinyl siding is cost effective. Because it is quite cost effective in general, vinyl siding is a popular choice for many homeowners. According to a recent survey, professionally installed vinyl siding costs between $2,500-$8,750 for 1,250 square feet, where the wood siding professional installation costs from $6,500-$10,000 for the same square footage.
2) Versatility of vinyl siding. To give you complete versatility in designing your dream exterior, the vinyl siding offered in today’s market is available in countless colors, profiles, and textures. With the quality of vinyl, you can still achieve the look of cedar shakes. With the vinyl replacement, you can achieve a number of faux looks. With both horizontal and vertical applications for any home profile, homeowners can find a vinyl siding option that best suits your home and your style.
3) Increased durability of vinyl siding. Including heavy wind and impact from hail, the vinyl siding is made to withstand the elements. It does not rot or corrode over time as the vinyl resists excessive moisture in addition to the high durability. Often prorated for up to 50 years on successive owners, in most cases, the vinyl siding has a lifetime warranty.
4) Vinyl siding is minimal maintenance. Vinyl, especially when it comes to siding, offers the least maintenance needs. You get your money’s worth and even more considering the original qualities are kept intact for many years since the siding resists most pests such as termites and blights, like rot. A simple cleaning once a year or so is more than adequate to maintain its original good look without the need to repaint the exterior. You will not have to tax your budget with unexpected costs to keep it looking great after the vinyl siding is installed.
5) Vinyl siding reduces home heating and cooling costs. A phenomenon known as thermal bridging occurs, which is when it prevents heat loss between the wall studs in exterior walls, insulated vinyl siding. The studs themselves bleed heat where they come in contact with exterior siding, while most homes have insulation between the wall studs. Your home is kept warmer in winter and cooler in summer because the insulated vinyl siding places a blanket of protection over the studs. Making it even more economical to install, there is often eligibility for energy tax credits with insulated vinyl siding.
Siding Installation, Repair, Replacement & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
Ultimately, when you opt for vinyl siding, you need the experts of McKay’s Painting to ensure it is done correctly. Call us today to get started!