Are you thinking about painting the exterior of your home? Color makes a first impression, an individual statement and can enhance curb appeal. Assuming there is no need for structural work, color can be the most cost-effective way to change the look of your home. It can become overwhelming when you try and decide on the color though.
Exterior Paint Combinations & House Trim Color Selector Tips
1. Take your time choosing paint colors. When you decide to paint the exterior of your home you’re making a commitment. Make sure you slow down and go over your choices carefully. Once you have found what you like, then go for it. If you wanted to, you could be going over colors for a while. Cover your bases and make sure you are sure before you have a friend give you advice only to confuse you!
2. Hire a color consultation. Choose a company that can provide you with a color consultant. They can open up lots of ideas and possibilities that you may have never thought about and they have experience in choosing the right colors for a home.
3. Look at color samples outside. Look at the samples at various angles and at different times of the day. Consider buying samples of a few different colors and paint an area of the house where the trim and colors can be looked at together.
4. Consider your aesthetic goals. Do you want your home to stand out or blend in? Paint colors have real power and it’s important to think about the affect they will have with the overall look you’re going for.
5. Think about paint colors in neighborhood. Take a look up and down your street and make some mental notes. What do you like? What don’t you like? It’s okay to stand out a little but your neighbors will appreciate a color that won’t stick out like a sore thumb.
6. Look at the regional roots of your home. If you have an older home you might want to dig into the traditional paint schemes that were used. This may inspire you to come up with some great ideas!
7. Use the web for paint color inspiration. Go online and google home improvement. You’ll find lots of examples of exterior paint colors or you can google the specific color you want and see what it would look like on a house.
8. Consider permanent house features. There are fixtures like your chimney, stonework and other architectural features that can limit your color choices. These can also be a helpful way to help you pick the right color. Your home can sparkle with a contrasting or accent color.
Exterior Painting & More in Ventura, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
Painting looks easy enough but if you’ve never painted a room or the exterior of a home it can be an overwhelming task. If you want to get a quality finished product you want to hire professionals. We know all the tricks of the trade and you’ll get fabulous results that you just can’t get doing it yourself. To get the most out of your house painting improvements, process and experience, give McKay’s Painting a call.