Choosing Baseboard Trim Styles in Hope Ranch, CA; Heights, Materials, Paint Colors & More
If you are in the process of remodeling your home you may be shopping baseboards now or in the future. Baseboards can make such a statement in your home that you want to be well educated before deciding which style to choose for your home.
One of the first questions that most people have when it comes to selecting baseboards is how tall should my baseboards be. Experts recommend that if you have an 8-foot wall you keep your baseboards between three and five inches tall. You can increase your baseboard height to five to seven inches if you have a 10-foot ceiling.
Once you have decided how tall you think you want your baseboards you need to decide what material you want them made of. The four primary materials that baseboards are made of are primed medium density fiberboard (MDF), prime pine, pine, and oak. MDF comes pre-primed with an even consistency. It is easy to paint whatever color you select. You do normally need to put a few coats on it. Primed pine is naturally wood-based and also comes pre-primed. Pine baseboards can be painted, stained, or just painted with a clear coat. Oak baseboards can be clear coated, stained, or varnished. Oak is the most tried-and-true traditional hardwood molding material.
Baseboard Molding Styles
Your next decision will be what style of baseboard you want to choose. Today there are many different options for baseboard styles on the market. The functionality of the baseboards is all the same so you are simply making this decision based on what you feel like will go with the style of your house the best.
• Traditional baseboards have been around for years. Different variations are available. You truly can’t go wrong choosing a traditional baseboard.
• Country style baseboards are a popular choice. Country style baseboards are typically taller and are frequently paired with a quart-round to help emphasize the depth of the baseboard. They are simple but stunning.
• Victorian style baseboards have maintained their popularity for years as well. This style is known for the more intricate details on the baseboard. They can help your house look sophisticated.
• The Craftsman style helps express lines with the curvature in it. You will definitely notice a Craftsman baseboard in your house. They are not subtle and can help make quite the statement if that is what you are looking for.
• The last style we will highlight today is the modern style baseboard. This style is sleek, elegant, and smooth.
Baseboard Trim Installation & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
Your last choice when selecting baseboards will be what color you want to paint them. If you choose a pine or oak baseboard you may choose to just put a clear coat on top of it to let the natural grain of the wood stand out. You may be thinking “I just want to paint them white” but there are tons of different shades of white to choose from. Bright white, soft white, cream, and ivory are just some of the options that you will have to select from. If you would like to see some samples of the different types of baseboards available give McKay’s Painting a call today. Sometimes seeing the baseboard in your home will help you make your decision. We can show your options and give you a quote for installation. Contact us today!