Many people will discover that they aren’t using their patio as much as they thought they would. They may start asking themselves if it was worth it to add the patio in the first place? Winters can be cold, and exposure of bright light can be a deterrent as it can quickly heat the area up. Luckily, there’s a solution. All you need is some form of concealment. That’s where a deck or patio cover comes in. Deck and patio covers can also keep your home cooler in the summer by providing extra shade from the sun’s direct rays, and it’s always nice to enjoy and afternoon rain shower without getting wet.
Benefits of Deck & Patio Covers
1. Outdoor Comfort. When the hot summer months arrive, you’ll be happy to have a cover on your deck or patio. It can make your patio feel up to 10 degrees cooler when you have a cover over it. It will make family gatherings much more enjoyable. You can also add an overhead fan to cool it even further.
2. Elegance. We all want our home to look great, especially if you want to sell in the future. A patio cover can add elegance to an otherwise dull outdoor environment. You can blend the cover into the existing color scheme of the home or offset the outside location with a different color or material(s).
3. Increase Living Space. You can instantly increase the space of your home when you install a patio cover. You can also insulate the area so you can use it all year round, whether you have kids, or you want to use it as a work area. The purpose and value of your patio can quickly change with a patio cover.
4. Outside Entertainment. After you add a cover to your deck or patio, you can enhance it with a TV or MP3 player. You can even add a gaming console to ensure that your children will spend lots of time out there, instead of stuck inside bothering you!
5. Enjoy Nature. When you spend more time outdoors you spend more time with nature. It’s a great way to de-stress. If you live on the edge of a wooded area or a stream you can escape into the comfort of nature any time of the year when you have a covered patio.
6. Increase Home Value. Again, if you ever plan on selling your home you can be sure that the value of your home will be increased when there’s a covered patio. Potential buyers that like to entertain or have kids will find the area inviting when they envision all the time they can spend out there.
Deck & Patio Covers & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
Rather than staying cooped up indoors, you can go outside to enjoy the fresh air when you have a patio cover. Are you ready to add a deck or patio cover? The experts at McKay’s Painting have the experience, skills, and training to get you the perfect cover for your deck or patio. Contact us for a consultation today!