Deck Designs in Goleta, CA; Ground or Multi Level, Elevated or Free Standing Decks & More
Being outdoors is good for your body and soul. For years studies have shown that being outside improves mental and physical health. Being outdoors helps reduce stress, anxiety, and depression symptoms. Studies have also shown that lower blood pressure and a longer lifespan are benefits of spending more time outdoors as well. If you enjoy spending time outdoors or would like to start spending more time outdoors to reap the benefits mentioned above you may be considering have a patio or deck built on your property.
Deck Material & Construction Options
There are tons of different options out there for you to consider when building a patio or deck. Today we will focus on the different types of deck options. The first thing you will need to decide is where you want your deck to be built. Here are some options for you do consider:
• Ground Level Deck: A ground level deck extends from your home’s main level floors space. It is attached to your home and typically has an entrance to your home from the deck.
• Multi Level Deck: You do not have to keep your deck to just one level. If your home is multi-level it can be fun to have your deck be multi-level as well. You can pinpoint specialty areas on each different level. One level for dining, another for relaxing, etc.
• Elevated Deck: Elevated decks will give your family access to the outdoors from the second story of your home. Since the deck is higher it may even give you a spectacular view to enjoy while relaxing out on your deck.
• Free Standing Deck: Decks do not have to be attached to your home. Free-standing decks allow you to use space in your yard that maybe isn’t being utilized much right now. These decks can add depth to larger yards.
• Wrap Around Deck: Similar to a wraparound porch, wraparound decks can include more than one side of your home in the design. Wraparound decks can include some areas that are larger as well. This is an excellent way to extend the living space of your house.
Once you decide what kind of deck you are going to be building you will need to decide what kind of design you would like to incorporate into your deck. Every house has a unique style that suits the home and the homeowners. You will want to make sure that you build a deck that complements your style and design preferences.
• Modern Deck: Modern decks have a natural, uncomplicated look. Frequently the design will include a few unique accents that are beautiful.
• Coastal Deck: A coastal style deck will make you feel like you are right on the beach whenever you are sitting out on your deck. This style of design is meant to feel fun and comfortable.
• Traditional Deck: A more traditional deck will have warm hues embedded in the design area. There is typically plenty of room for dinner parties in this style of deck. If you love to host more elegant events this could be an excellent decision for your design.
• Classic Deck: If you want your deck to feel relaxing and inviting a classic design might be the right for you. Class decks will frequently feature natural wood with predominant railings.
• Rustic Deck: People with simple, organic design preferences may be drawn to a more rustic design. Rustic decks usually feature uncomplicated furnishings and have plenty of open space on them.
• Contemporary Deck: If you love the contemporary look you can definitely draw that you onto your deck. Clean lines and smooth look and feel will be what you are going for if you want a more modern look.
Deck Covers, Refinishing, Restoration & More in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills & Santa Barbara California
No matter what type of deck you are thinking about McKay’s Painting can help you design and build a deck cover that will satisfy your preferences as well as refinish and restore your deck when the time comes. Give us a call today!