Reasons & Benefits of Hiring an Interior Design Personal Paint Color Consultant for Your Paintng Projects in Westlake Village, CA
Do you have a room in your home that just doesn’t feel right? Have you ever found a color to paint your walls only to discover it looks nothing like you thought it would once it’s painted? Color is the most important visible element of a design. Choosing the right color can be an overwhelming task and the wrong choice can be very frustrating.
What Does a Personal Color Consultant Do?
The main task of a color consultant is to help clients find the most flattering color. This may be in interior design, cosmetology, wardrobe consulting, photography, advertising, photography or another industry. Color consultants use their knowledge in understanding what moods certain colors tend to evoke as well as other aspects to decide on the best hues for each client. Paint consultants know what colors are associated with emotions and feelings.
Good Reasons to Hire a Paint Color Consultant
1. A paint color consultant will create color schemes that will enhance any room design, taking the rooms walls, trim, ceiling, and other architectural designs into consideration. They will also take your taste into account, whether trendy or traditional.
2. Paint color consultants are knowledgeable about the various paint products on the market and can recommend the right paint for your project.
3. A consultant will work with your existing furnishings and accessories if you’re not planning to replace them. A new coat of paint can make any space look new.
4. A paint consultant can work with you on any sized project, whether you will do them on your own or using a professional.
5. Your favorite color is not always the right color for the room you’re doing. Colors all have undertones that are not always apparent to most people. Consultants can identify these undertones.
6. Paint consultants know the psychology behind color. They know how to achieve the desired color flow you’re looking for.
7. Paint colors look different in different lighting situations. A color consultant can help you make sure the red color you like doesn’t end up looking orange.
8. If you want to get it right the first time, a color consultant will collaborate with you to achieve it.
9. A color consultant is trained to “dress” your home with color, inside and out.
10. Not only will a consultant find the best color for your home based on functionality, your lifestyle, and your personal taste, they can give you great decorating ideas that you can use in any space.
Paint Consultant Services in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks & Agoura Hills California
There are a lot of paint colors and finishes on the market to choose from. Hiring a paint consultant can take a lot of guesswork out of the equation and get you the look that is right for your space and lifestyle. A professional can help you achieve what you’re looking for. Whether you’re painting a room, remodeling a space, or looking to improve your homes curb appeal, hiring a paint consultant will be a benefit. Call McKay’s Painting today to set up a consultation.
Preparing the Exterior Wood Trim, Siding, Stucco & Other Surfaces on Your Newbury Park, CA Home for Painting
A fresh coat of paint has the power to completely transform the look of your home. This can be accomplished with less cash than any other remodeling project. It will also protect your home from the elements, shielding it from the sun, wind, and rain. This will only happen if the paint doesn’t begin to peel and crack though.
10 Things you Should Know About Exterior Painting
1. The time of year you choose to paint is key. Keep track of local weather patterns and choose a dry time of year where there will be little rain and lower humidity as paint needs time to dry and will not adhere to surfaces that are wet.
2. The better the quality of paint means you’ll paint less often over the years, and you’ll get better coverage. Over the past few years, paint technology has improved and colors are guaranteed to last longer than before. Don’t be tempted to skimp on paint to save money up front. You’re liable to have issues and eventually spend more money in the long run.
3. Dirty and rough surfaces are not paints friend. The surface will need to be cleaned thoroughly, allowed to dry, and sanded. Any peeling paint will need to be scraped and sanded to create a solid surface for the paint to adhere to.
4. Rotten siding or trim will need to be replaced or in the case of smaller areas, treated with wood hardener and matched with an exterior filler product. You will need to prep and sand prior to painting with either of these options to allow the paint to adhere.
5. New paint technologies have combined primer and paint into one product, making the extra step of priming unnecessary. This means less coats. These newer paints tend to be a bit more expensive, but may be comparable to buying separate primer and paint.
6. Combining paint cans into a larger five-gallon bucket will ensure you get a uniform look when the color is applied. The pros call this “boxing the paint”. This is important when you may not have bought all the paint at the same time.
7. Starting at the top and working down will conceal streaking because you will be working with gravity. While drips are inevitable, this method will allow the feathering out of mishaps in the direction you are working.
8. Make sure to close cans of paint the right way in between painting sessions to keep it from drying out. Place a layer of plastic wrap over the can before lightly hammering the lid on.
9. Adding grit to areas that are going to be slick like steps is a good idea. Add fine sand to add traction. Manufactures are also producing sand or additives that can add texture to stairs.
10. Prepping the landscape is often easy to overlook and painting can be messy. Make sure you cover the ground, bushes and any other vegetation that may come into contact with paint. Make sure to cover or move outdoor furniture, hoses, grills, etc. by weighing down drop cloths on the corners.
Painting Services in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks & Agoura Hills California
Properly applied paint should last for a good 15 years if all the right steps have been taken. This is a great reason to call McKay’s Painting to get the professionals to do it right and saving you a lot of hard and potentially dangerous work.
When Do Windows Need to Be Replaced? Upgrading & Replacing the Windows in Your Ventura, CA Home by Switching to Vinyl, Fiberglass, Metal or New Wood Frames Can Help Save Money & the Environment!
If you have been struggling with repairing or replacing your current windows, you are not alone. Many homeowners are in the same predicament you are. The cost of replacing your windows can be high, but replacing your windows could save you a considerable amount of money in the long run. McKay’s Painting is here to shed some light on the matter. Here are some signs that you may need to replace your windows and the benefits of doing so.
Benefits of Replacing the Windows in Your Home
Recently, there has been a rise in homeowners choosing to replace their windows rather that repair the old ones they currently have. Many people who own older houses have wood framed windows. Several homeowners are making the switch to vinyl, fiberglass, metal or new wood windows because they are becoming more cost effective to replace rather than repair. Homeowners can also see savings in their energy bill when they make the switch which also helps the environment. Not only does it make sense financially in the long run to replace, it can save you from the headache that old windows can cause.
When do Windows Need to be Replaced?
If you are unsure if you need to repair or replace your windows, here are some signs that replacing them may be the better choice.
Feel the Window Glass – If you feel your glass in the summer and you feel heat, it is time to replace the window. It is no longer keeping the heat out of your home, and in turn, costing you money on your energy bill.
Cold Drafts During Winter Months – There is a common misconception that if you feel drafts coming in your windows during the winter months, you can apply new weather stripping and fix the problem. This may temporarily fix your problem, but the problem will likely return. These drafts are caused by the wood frame warping from weather exposure creating gaps. Weather stripping is simply a band-aid that can’t solve the real problem. You will be better off replacing the window all together.
Single Pane Windows – If you have single pane windows, replacing them will save you money. Single pane windows are the least energy efficient window you can have. They aren’t productive at keeping the heat or cold outside and can end up costing you a lot of money.
Struggling to Open and Close Windows – If your windows haven’t been painted properly, they can start to rot or rust. This can make it extremely hard to open and close your window. Older windows may have a problem with balance, causing them to be difficult to open and close. If this is the case, it is time to replace.
Condensation Between Panes of Glass – When you have double or triple pane windows, there is a gap between the panes of glass. If you notice that there is condensation or frost building up between the window panes, your window isn’t working properly. It means the insulated glass is no longer doing its job. You will at very least have to replace the glass, if not the entire window.
Window Installation & Replacement in Ventura, Ojai, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks & Agoura Hills California
There are times that older windows can be repaired and you can still get some more life out of them. Look at all your window options though, because it may be more cost effective to replace them rather than waste your time and money on repairing old windows. If you are in need of new windows, McKays Painting can help you choose and install the right windows for your house and budget. Contact us for all your home improvement needs!